Saturday, September 6, 2008

MISS YOU MUCH

People I really miss:


Luther Vandross

Everytime any song of his comes on the radio, I get sad. I remember the day we lost him, I texted my cousin about it because there never has been a greater Lutha fan that her - and she thought I was kidding. I wasn't. A thousand kisses to you, Lutha.


Michael Jackson (the Black one)

I mean, what the fuck is wrong with him. I've decided that Billy Jean was his lover. Butterflies was a good song and all, but it's just not the same for me. I won't give not one red cent to him by buying a CD or downloading a song. It's just principle, I guess. But I do miss it when he was black.

Bernie Mac

I just don't understand how a 50 year old man dies of pnemonia in Chicago. I'm convinced the doctors treated him like he was just a 'nigger' and who gives a fuck. I mean, it's not like he was in some small Haitian town where the witch doctor is all you have ... I seriously don't get it. But I loved him in the Oceans movies and few comedians could make me laugh like he did.

143

We don't see each other enough for my taste. I blame THE MAN. Stupid job won't let me take vacation until I've been there six months. Fine, I'll play by the rules. But we DO need to see each other ... and soon. We need to figure out how to make it just me and you so we can just run away for a night and disappear, do our own thing. No kids, no significant others .. just us. 143!

Heath Ledger

I'm not going to lie - I had no idea who this mother fucker was until Brokeback Mountain. It was a great movie, though. I do recommend the book, however. Interestingly enough, it's a short story and I read it in 45 minutes on a flight. I sat there in my seat and cried - something about that read got to me, even if it was short. But as The Joker! omg - I can't help but feel that he was on his way to FIYAH after that.SMH

Eddie Murphy, ala SNL

Dont' get me wrong, his stand up routine (Delirious) was fucking HYSTERICAL (my favorite was his aunt falling down the stairs. MY SHOE!) ... but I really liked those SNL days when he was on it. His parodies of Buckwheat, Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, James Brown ... there really is nothing like it anymore. As in SNL ain't got nothin on those days and neither does Eddie Murphy.



(I'm scheduling this post for several days from now while I figure out who else to put on this list. If I miss it and it posts before I get back, feel free to add more in comment)

5 comments:

clnmike said...

I miss the Dave Chappelle show, the old Whitney and Bobby, yeah the black Michael Jackson.

JACK said...

The New Edition Bobby?

clnmike said...

Nope the Whitney and Bobby Bobby.

I know it sounds wierd but I was kind of rooting for their crazy asses to be happily ever after.

The F_Uitlist said...

I miss Dave Chappelle period, his stand up show was hilarious.

I miss real hip hop, I can't take all this I'm a milli 'ish, and make it rain on these hoes. YUCK

I miss me time, so is the life of a mommy.

Anonymous said...

Awww. its funny how we miss the same people.... I miss you so much more then you can imagine. Damit !!!i hate to look at a D. Donutes and know u are not there with me. Its been ova a year. 1433333333333333333333333333 for eva