Tuesday, September 9, 2008

But it's not a recession?

A quickie about how annoyed I am that this government is trying to convince me an economic recession exists only in my head.

  • Doesn't the unemployment rate have a battering ram up against 6-percent's front door?
  • Hasn't my 401(K) earned -18.6% year-to-date?
  • Hasn't my son's 529 plan lost money each month this year?
  • Hasn't the value of my house been mocking me in the face for two years now?
  • Didn't the government just buy out Freddie Mac, afraid is was going to follow Bernie Mac to the afterlife?
  • Oh wait - it wasn't just Freddie Mac? Oh, ok.
  • Inflation is going UP?! What?
  • Isn't gas priced like it's liquid diamond? Doesn't it cost me $300 a month to fuel my car?
I'm tired of all this pussy footing around. Let's just face it, Washington - IT'S A GODDAM RECESSION.

The fact that the proverbial "they" won't just fucking say it makes me want to grab that W by the neck and shake him.

That's right - I put it out there.

Just tired.

8 comments:

T. R Xands said...

Dear lawd these people that say the recession is just in your head amaze me.

This isn't a recession? It's no Great Depression but you can't tell me the economy's in the gutter.

Dave Van Buren said...

This is only a slight market fluctuation. I'm putting my money in crack, more people are going to be hooked after they loose their house.

The F_Uitlist said...

I don't get it either! It's like if they say the R word the 4 horsemen of the apocolypse might rise and take us all to hell.

How about this we are already on our way there! and if John McCain wins than we may as well just give up the good fight

JACK said...

t-rex: dave says it's just a market fluctuation. I'm a get him. Read on.

Dave: You better be kidding. I'm gonna assume you are because you're investing in crack and Whitney will make sure your investment pays dividends - but if you're not kidding, fluctuate THIS! *wink*

f$%k it - oh, the 4 horsemen. Yuh - they're laying in wait behind cloud nine.

And you're welcomed to join me and jaded in our relo to guardalajara if the republicans win.

clnmike said...

Well if it aint the recession it's something thats kicking my bank account in the ass all up and down the street.

And that something is walking around with a name plate named Bush.

The F_Uitlist said...

guardalajara sounds good to me.

I just know I won't be here.

bLaQ~n~MiLD said...

Hmmmmmmmm... I can't even say what I want to say right now cause I'm just not in the mood for a political/economic discourse right now (Plus I promissed God lol). I will just say be strong ma dude.

New comer to your blog checking you out. Be safe.

~Damnit!

JACK said...

mild: WELCOME! Hopefully you keep coming back. Can't never have enough readers. Big UPS for keeping your promise to God.