Tuesday, July 29, 2008

ZEITGEIST: Conspiracy Theory at its Finest

I received a DVD some time ago and sat down to watch it. I've just discovered that the two hours are available for free viewing online and I just knew that meant that I had to post about it and see if anyone would actually view it.

The premise is simple: organized religion is a hoax, the 9/11 attacks were staged by the federal reserve and the war on iraq is about making money. Conspiracy theories abound, but this was a very interesting video. Thought provoking for sure.

If you are going to watch it - I implore you to refrain from watching it alone. The dude that sent it to me gave me that same advice and I didn't heed it. What resulted what a very frustrated JACK, alone with his thoughts and no one to bounce ideas off of. Seriously, don't watch this alone. But if you do, at least know you can always come back here and comment. I'm happy to dialogue about it.

**POTENTIAL SPOLIER**

Here are my thoughts:

  • I understand the attack on Christianity and the explanation on how it's rooted in astronomy ... but I can't get behind the idea that it's all a complete farce. It attacks the very idea of Faith and while JACK is gay as the day is long ... I do have faith.
  • The peripheral explosions pointed out as the towers came crashing down in Manhattan were very revealing. I agree 9/11 was an inside job.
  • The juxtaposition between the crash sites of airline tragedies in the past and that of United 93 in Penn. was also very enlightening.
  • I agree that religious institutions lie. All institutions do.
  • Bush is the devil. Period. His daddy too. And his brother in Fl? Yuh, him too.

Anyway - I wanted to share ... and although JACK is good for a good laugh, and I'm crazy and all that ... I really, truly am educated, intelligent and totally capable of high-level discourse.

So, bring it!

4 comments:

Mo said...

a friend of mine tried to get me to watch this (I have conspiracy theories fallin out my ass LOL)

....unfortunately it was at 3 am after a night of drinking....i was asleep within the first 10 mins lol

but i def will check it out

JACK said...

To be honest - the first 10 minutes or so really are boring ... but when it picks up, you find yourself not caring about the time.

About those theories falling out your ass ... you might want to get that checked.

clnmike said...

HHhmmm.

I am going to watch the movie later on today so i can see where your coming from.

I'll get back with you.

JACK said...

clnmike - I'm ready fer ya ... hit me back when you've watched it.