Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My Golden Anniversary

Thanks to Jaded for reminding me that today, my blog turns 50 posts old. This is quite the accomplishment, people - I really don't see myself as someone who follows through, although others may tell me that I do. I mean, fine - I started on the masters and I am almost done. But, consider:

  • I have been "trying" to quit smoking for several years now and even starting taking meds to help me quit and you know what? It made me SUPER relaxed and I enjoyed the smoke better. DAMMIT!
  • I have fragments of previous blogs that I tried - and although they were pure genius, yes they were - they crashed and burned like that ValueJet did into the everglades that one year ...
  • I got married ... and then divorced. Although, the optimist in me wants to celebrate that I went through with the divorce.
  • I have creating a budget since 1993 and I'm still not quite done with it, let alone sticking to it ... why? because it's not finished. I even spent money on budgeting software and then decided it was too BLAH to learn how to use it so I didn't. Tell me you see the irony ....
  • I can't play monopoly anymore - it just takes too damn long. I mean, it's an INVESTMENT and shit. Again, tell me you see the irony ...
And the list goes on and on. But if there's one thing I can say about JACK's Gay Chronicles is that it's here to stay. And hopefully my trekking along blogosphere's big, big world and stopping to frolic at one blog and the next, commenting as I go ... maybe, just maybe my readership will actually grow larger than three people who comment, one who refuses to and send me emails and two others that read and don't tell me that they do, via email or phone or any other mode of communication.

And for that last group ... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, COMMENT SOMETIMES!!!!!

Ok, I'm sorry for that outburst - it's just that, well - you can even comment anonymously and I just don't get it. If I think about this select group ... both of them - minorities. Dammit, you lazy azz mofo's better get to typing, ok? Dont' make me come over there ...

(You have to get scrappy with those guys)

And to those of you who do stop by and comment with some measureable frequency - Gracias. Muchisimas Gracias! You make me feel good about blogging.

And for those of you BIG DAWGS out there who stroll on by and refuse to comment ... looky here:

I AIN'T SCURRED!

7 comments:

savante said...

Good to know you're continuing on the fight :)

The F_Uitlist said...

CONGRATS on your 50th. As long as you are here, I'll comment.

The rest of ya'll need to get to commenting, you know Jack cracks you up!

Anonymous said...

How honored am I to be referenced in your blog? Of course it is only to be bashed for not commenting on said blog. Face it, you wouldn't adore me as much as you do without out my many, many, many quirks - including my aversion to blog posts. Happy golden anniversary you bloggin' mofo.

The Jaded NYer said...

you is a comment whore... so here's another for ya...

WHO LOVES YA, BABE??

*besos*

congratulations!!

JACK said...

Savante - thanks! I need all the encouragement I can get.

f$%k it - yes, yes - this is for entertainment purposes only.

anon: you are right - quirky bitches are my favorite!

jaded: i guess i'm a whore of all trades? gee, thanks.

The Jaded NYer said...

but not just ANY kind of whore... a fast-ass crabby whore.

...

LMAOOooooooooooooooo

*breathe*

OOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo

Miss P said...

i can not believe i'm just finding your blog! you are hilarious! that pic has me in stitches. my co-workers keep asking me what i'm laughing at, lol