Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dinosaurs are like Lotion


I have to give props to my 6 year old first grader. On her way home from school this week (yes, the school year has already started here!) one of the other first graders on the bus, from another school, wonders what happened to the dinosaurs.

My daughter decides to tell her. And says that dinosaurs went to hell with all the other bad people. They don't get to go up to the sky in heaven with the good people like "us." Basically, according to my daughter, they sunk into the ground and disappeared into hell.

The child with the query didn't quite understand - and my daughter explains it this way:

You know when you put on lotion in your skin ... and it just disappears? That's how the dinosaurs sink into the ground and disappear.

Seriously, I've got a child prodigy who understands decomposition better than most. And you know she's JACK's daughter because when I asked her about it, she said

"She asked a lot of questions, like a million - and I had all the answers. She's not very smart."

My job here is done.

4 comments:

The Jaded NYer said...

LMAO!!!

Can you imagine if her and N ever get together for a meeting of the minds?

Bomb in the basement... that's all I'm saying...

JACK said...

Interestingly enough - I had that thought. If the two of them got together, it would be kinda scary. When the daycare told me about this conversation on the bus back from school, all I could do was think about N. M and N would be OMG!

Dave Van Buren said...

I'm using this definition to anything I said disappeared.

Where did the cookies go?

They disappeared like lotion in your skin....

There is no comeback for that... lmao

JACK said...

Superdave - I hadn't thought of that. Ok, I'm using it too! LOL