Sunday, June 22, 2008

Have you seen this poster?


This National Geographic photo does a little something for me. I don't know what it is: perhaps the perfect drape of the afghan over the arm of the chair, or the effortless blend of the elephant's trunk into the branches of the tree that would make you maybe miss the very existence of the elephant in the print if you didn't really, REALLY pay attention, or perhaps the masterful use of soothing shades of reds, oranges and yellows ... whatever it is, this print is one of the most amazing I have seen. And I want it.

It's title is AFRICAN SUNSET and it's by National Geographic. However, all I have been able to find is a wall mural that takes up 54 GODDAM square feet of wall space. Um, yeah - but NO.


So, I have had some trouble trying to find a print that is (ideally) about 3' X 5' (or whatever the proportions are) to hang in my living room. The colors are perfect (I just put up curtains) and I want this like, like ... like a panhandler wants a quarter.

"Excuse me, blog reader - can you help me out?"

0 comments: