Monday, October 13, 2008

Kids, Darndest things ...

Another weekend with my kids is gone - I'm exhausted. Among the highlights:


At the table my son called me Mrs. Daddy. My friend, who I invited for dinner and is also gay, laughed so hard I wanted him to choke on that grilled chicken breast.

My daughter turned in her homework early so I didn't have anything to look at or work on with her. Turns out her mom said it was ok because she was done with it. Fucking annoying.

Bought each kid a new stuffed animal. That brings the total number of stuffed animals in my house to about 8,000.

I did laundry and realized that I have WAY too many clothes. It's annoying as hell.

Found out the ex-wife's car wouldn't start this morning - she's driving around in her girlfriend's car. This being the car she walked out of the marriage with, it having been completely paid off by that time, made me smile. I admit it. I'm smiling now as I type.

Took the kids riding bike on a long ass trail that used to be a rail line. It's paved for folks to roller blade, bike, walk job, etc. About 15 miles of it at least. My daughter was upset that she was the leader on the way out but that her brother was going to lead on the way back. She pedaled so slowly that she fell far back enough that I couldn't hear her. Eventually, she started crying that I didn't just hold everyone up for her ... which I didn't. It didn't bode well for her when we got back to the car.

My daughter and I made up - and everything's cool now. lol.

I am now working on an interactive post and I hope that you will take part. I will post in the coming days what will come to be the infamous Martinez Continua. You must come back - and you must participate and that includes those of you that visit and don't comment. Please?

Except Lost Compass, formerly known as Deep Canyon. JGC is through with you ...

Carry on.

7 comments:

clnmike said...

Lol good weekend.

PhlyyGirl said...

LOL@ Mrs. Daddy
It WAS funny though

Dave Van Buren said...

lol.. you cold for laughing at you Ex's car. Can't say I blame you though.

The Jaded NYer said...

Poor baby girl! How dare you not hold everyone up for her???

You're a Mean Mrs. Daddy!!!

JACK said...

mike - can't complain about it in the least.

phlyygirl - you want me to hope you choke on chicken too??!

Superdave - I called back "with concern" and asked her how it was going. It's an $800.00 repair. hahahahahahahahahahahah

Jaded - She was purposefully going slow to ruin the day for my son who's turn it was to be first. I let him speed as much as he wanted ... and kept up with him. $10 says she won't do it again.

fuzzy said...

That Mrs. Daddy made my eyebrow raise!!!

Unknown said...

cool can't wait until I have kids of my own