Saturday, April 3, 2010

the softer side of JACK

Winter Lovers

Sent from the sky above
a snowflake drifts along
slowly
seeking a final resting place
and lands on his lash
gently
His lover sees it sitting there
and leans on in to kiss it
softly
I close my eyes as he closes in
and feel his lips
warmly
melting away the frost
that dissolves and tracks down my cheek
sweetly
and there in three-quarter length coats
made of gray cashmere and wool
lovingly
we hold leather gloved hands
and stare into each others' eyes
deeply
until it doesn't feel like it's cold at all

4 comments:

SirPercy said...

beautiful. thanks for this. made me smile. my boyfriend and i have only been together through this winter, twice with snow, so i find it particularly meaningful.

Wonder Man said...

nice

yet another black guy said...

there's an even SOFTER side of you?! J/K!!!!

JACK said...

Yet another - please exit stage left. Post Haste!